BPL has the privilege of working with some extraordinary organizations and people. Important clients, projects and testimonials are listed below:
The Innovation Institute at Henry Ford (www.HenryFordInnovation.com) is a collaborative development laboratory on Henry Ford Hospital’s campus. Medical subject experts from the Henry Ford Medical Group work with engineering and information technology experts from the auto industry and Wayne State University. BPL International is a partner with the institute and works collaboratively to define, implement and develop economic growth through innovation and commercialization of Medical Device and Technology.
- “Rob is a highly skilled and collegial individual with great professionalism. I strongly recommend him as a great person with whom to work.”
Dr. Madhu Prasad, Director Innovation Institute at HFHS
FlexDex (www.FlexDexSurgical.com) is a University of Michigan ‘tech transfer’ Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) Medical Device that provides high dexterity, intuitive control, and natural force feedback in an affordable and ergonomic design. Mr. Barrow lead the firm at Chief Executive Officer during the proof-of-concept development phase.
Henry Ford Health System (www.HenryFord.com) is one of the nation’s leading comprehensive, integrated health systems. Mr. Barrow was engaged to lead an international emerging market growth strategy for the system. The strategic plan was conducted over two phases and eighteen months in conjunction with internal resources. Phase-one included an external analysis to determine the most suitable country, and internal analysis to match the client value proposition to market needs (SWOT analysis). During phase-two a partnership was developed with the University of Mysore, India (www.uni-mysore.ac.in/bims) to develop local demographic and burden-of-disease data. A clinical portfolio, operational plan, source-of-funds and use-of-funds (P&L) was successfully developed for a unique ambulatory Health Center in India.
- “Rob is a extremely bright and focused professional. His work with us on International consulting was very thorough, high quality and timely. I would use him for other assignments and would recommend him to other organizations without any reservations.”
Bob Riney, President & Chief Operating Officer, Henry Ford Health System
- “Rob is an excellent strategist and trusted advisor. He worked with our health system on business development, and proved to be a valued resource, capable of collaborating effectively with all of our key stakeholders. He is a critical thinker and outcomes-oriented, which resulted in a finished product that helped to guide our future strategy. I highly recommend Rob as a consultant for strategic business development.”
Rose Glenn, Senior VP, Communications & Chief Marketing Officer, Henry Ford Health System
Global Diagnosis (Global Dx) is a Medical technology enabled service that combines multiple physicians experience with evidence-based diagnosis and patient friendly decision tools. Global Dx simplifies the process to secure evidence-based diagnosis data, make an informed decision, and provide a report in easy-to-understand terms for patients. Mr. Barrow is a founder and managing partner of Global Diagnosis LLC.
Detroit Medical Center (DMC) (www.DMC.org) is the leading Detroit hospital and largest health care provider in Southeast Michigan. A nationally respected medical system delivering medical excellence, internationally recognized doctors, surgeons and physician specialists. DMC engaged Mr. Barrow to develop a strategic value-chain and financial analysis of the Graduate Medical Education (GME) program. With over 900 Resident and Fellows in 25 Specialties, the GME program with Wayne State University, ranks as one of the largest in the Midwest.
- “I had the pleasure of working with Rob last year on very a complex medical training project in which he had to utilize strategic thinking, multi year resource forecasting, financial modeling, plus the development of concrete plans for program implementation. Throughout the project Rob was both ambitious and mindful of the target audiences receiving his work product.”
Bob Smythe, COO, Sinai Grace Hospital, DMC
- “Rob is very gifted in his ability to help organizations with strategic planning and development as well as having the ability to translate those keen ideas into tangible action plans that are concise, efficient and results-oriented. Rob brings a wealth of strategic, process, financial and people skills to the table that is hard to emulate. He is a truly gifted consultant that will provide your organization with great value!”
Joel Keiper, Corporate Vice President Business Development, DMC
Vattikuti Urology Institute (http://www.henryford.com/body_academic.cfm?id=41144), and Medanta Hospital, India (http://www.medanta.org) engaged a team from the University of Michigan, to prepare a Strategic Business Plan for an international institute of robotic Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS). The project included official visits and clinical research with renowned hospitals in India, and in the US including Cleveland Clinic and Henry Ford Health System. The Medanta Vattikuti Institute (VMI) was officially launched in late 2010, and multiple other institutes are planned by VUI.
BPL International LLC | 2013 | rob.barrow@BPLinternational.com